IUTT Launches the First SPE Student Chapter in Sana’a, Yemen
A new SPE student chapter was born at the International University of Technology Twintech (IUTT) in Sana’a, the capital of Yemen, on 15 October. This is the first student chapter in the city and the second in the country.
A new SPE student chapter (SC) was born at the International University of Technology Twintech (IUTT) in Sana’a, the capital of Yemen, on 15 October. This is the first student chapter in the city and the second in the country. Like many chapters worldwide, IUTT-SC will aim to collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge around the oil and gas and energy industries with its students, who will be the next generation of professionals.
The chapter will work closely with the IUTT Oil and Gas Engineering department to meet a main objective: “To be a regional and internationally recognized university that graduates competent engineers who can easily adapt to the industry through innovation, a solid technical background, and with strong values.”
The university aspires to create channels of collaboration with seasoned professionals, technical organizations, and international oil companies so that the students can benefit from local and international experiences and technical events.
UTT-SC provides access to multiple opportunities and benefits, including
- Participate in free and discounted local, regional, and global events offered by SPE
- Stay informed and updated with SPE's papers (i.e., OnePetro) and peer-reviewed journals
- Participate in local, regional, and global scientific competitions such as PetroBowl, SPE international paper contest, and Drillbotics
- Apply for a number of SPE international and local scholarships to pursue oil and gas industry-related degrees
- Find career enhancement and professional development through the SPE eMentoring program