Eni Touts Potential 3.5-Tcf Gas Find With First Offshore Abu Dhabi Well

Fast-track development options are currently under review for the discovery.

Map of Offshore Blocks Abu Dhabi

Eni believes it has discovered an additional 1.0 to 1.5 Tcf of raw gas in place, in a deeper zone, in its first exploration well drilled in Offshore Block 2 Abu Dhabi. The discovery follows an initial finding in a shallower zone of the same well, aggregating to a total gas in place of up to 3.5 Tcf.

The Italian operator said gas-bearing reservoirs were tested with excellent flow rates and fast‑track development options are currently under evaluation.

Eni, operator, holds a 70% stake in Block 2; PTTEP holds the remaining 30%.

Eni has been present in Abu Dhabi since 2018. It operates three exploration concessions and participates with ADNOC in three offshore development and production concessions: Lower Zakum (5%), Umm Shaif and Nasr (10%), and Ghasha (25%).