2023 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition—New Horizons for an Evolving Energy Landscape
We’re only days away from the kick-off of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, the leading event for global E&P professionals, in San Antonio, Texas. Join a global community to help energy professionals navigate the shifting global energy landscape with a focus on innovation in energy and technology developments.
We’re only days away from the kick-off of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) in San Antonio, Texas.
Nearing its 100th anniversary, ATCE will be held at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, 16–18 October. This year's ATCE promises again to be a dynamic and informative event that will help energy professionals navigate the shifting global energy landscape.
Over 3 days, attendees can choose from a lineup of 45 technical sessions and 10 special sessions providing insights into reservoir; completions; drilling; management; production and operations; data science engineering and analytics; projects, facilities, and construction; and health, safety, environment, and sustainability.
The conference will begin with the opening general session, titled "Expanding the Opportunities to Sustainably Fuel the World," featuring industry speakers from EQT, Devon Energy, Woodside Energy, and Chevron. This moderated panel will discuss the contribution of the oil and gas industry in the energy trilemma, with safe, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone; explore how the energy industry will agree on methodologies to measure and reduce production-associated emissions; and share thoughts on opportunities for current and upcoming oil and gas professionals as the industry works toward advancing energy solutions.
Reflecting the changing landscape of energy, Jarand Rystad, founder and CEO of Oslo-based Rystad Energy, an independent advisory, research, and business intelligence company, will be the keynote speaker at the luncheon on Monday. A renowned energy analyst, he will share strategic foresights related to “Towards a Clean and Lean Future of Energy.”
Within this context of an evolving transition, Rystad will share his experience and insights about the technological leaps in solar PV, electric transport, and other green technology. And despite concerns about rising material demands, a holistic analysis suggests that an electrified society will substantially curtail global material flows.
Pre- and post-conference training courses are available to enhance your skills and knowledge. Tickets for these courses must be purchased separately.
In addition to ATCE’s high-quality programming, it is also SPE’s annual meeting of the membership. As a result, the event offers attendees many opportunities to meet new people, see old friends, and contribute to the Society.
- SPE Welcome Reception. An opening celebration to meet with industry colleagues and make a toast to the next few days of learning and connecting.
- Alumni Receptions. Available for a variety of universities. All will take place on Monday, 16 October.
- Energy4me Workshops. Hands-on STEM workshops for teachers and students that highlight how energy works in our everyday lives and promote information about career opportunities in petroleum engineering and the energy industry.
- Future Talent Zone. A dedicated hub of activities aimed at inspiring and empowering students and young professionals to gain knowledge and make connections to thrive in the E&P industry.
- Startup Village Energy Startup Competition. Witness innovation in action where emerging startups compete for recognition and support. This year’s competition showcases the groundbreaking solutions, technologies, and business models of energy startups representing Canada, the US, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and India. The awards include Best in Show, $25,000; two Rising Star awards, each $5,000; and a People’s Choice, $3,000.
- Meet SPE's New CEO, Simon Seaton. SPE Pavilion (Booth 630) on Tuesday, 17 October, at 10:30 a.m. for a Q&A to learn more about him and his vision for the future of SPE.
- SPE Bookstore. Clearance sale for up to 75% off popular SPE books. Available for purchase in the foyer outside of the technical sessions.
Be sure to visit the Exhibition Hall to learn about the latest technologies from more than 200 exhibitors and an “Energy Transition Zone” where you’ll find forward-thinking companies showcasing innovative solutions that are driving the future of energy.
For those interested in a behind-the-scenes look at cutting-edge research facilities, the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) is offering an exclusive tour of its facilities on 19 October. Headquartered in San Antonio, SwRI boasts world-renowned test facilities and expertise that have served the oil and gas industry for more than 75 years. Note that registration is required to participate in this insightful tour.
Driving the Future of Energy
ATCE is not just any energy conference; it's the leading event for global E&P professionals. With a focus on innovation in energy and technology developments, ATCE provides a unique opportunity to join a global community, reflect on the energy transition in this diverse sector, and discuss the challenges that have arisen, including supply chain issues, skilled workforce challenges, inflation concerns and more.
By participating in ATCE, you'll be better prepared to navigate the challenges of the energy industry and contribute to a sustainable and prosperous future. Register today.
Save the Date
In 2024, ATCE will be powering the future of energy and celebrating its 100-year anniversary in New Orleans. Save the date and don't miss out on being a part of this historic milestone by sharing your industry story with SPE.